RAIN MAN by Tom Cruise (Movie Assignment Instructions)
• After watching the movie, you will write a summary of three pages in length of the main storyline, stressing only the parts of the story that dealt with human functioning, health, illness, and disability. What was the physical condition, and how was it explained in the movie? How did the physical or medical condition affect the main character and/or their family, friends, and other significant people? Were their perception of the condition more in line with a chronic illness or with a disability? DO NOT SIMPLY WRITE A SCENE BY SCENE RETELLING OF THE MOVIE!!! The summary CANNOT be more than 3 pages and should only address how the movie presented issues related to the mental/biological condition, though giving enough of a summary that the story will make sense to the reader.
• BE SURE YOU DEFINE OR EXPLAIN ANY MEDICAL, BIOLOGICAL, OR PSYCHOLOGICAL TERMS YOU USE IN YOUR PAPER.
• How would a social worker have been able to assist the people in the movie? What would the major kinds of assistance have been, and how could they potentially have changed what occurred in the movie?
• If there was a social worker (or psychologist, psychiatrist, counselor, etc.) in the movie, how effective do you think that person’s services were? How do you think they could have been made more effective?
• Were any ethical dilemmas raised by the movie, and how would the social work Code of Ethics have guided social workers regarding how to resolve those dilemmas? THE CODE OF ETHICS IS THE ONLY NON-COURSE MATERIAL YOU NEED TO USE AS A REFERENCE IN THE PAPER; BE SURE TO CITE THE CODE IN THIS PART OF THE PAPER.
In writing your answers to these questions, be sure you are very clear and complete in describing what happened in the movie because this might be a movie the instructor has not seen. Even if it is a movie that the instructor has seen, I will lose points if it is not clear in the descriptions of the issues in the movie and what I have done about them.
***Papers must be typed and double-spaced, and you must use APA format. I AM NOT ALLOWED TO USE ANY REFERENCE MATERIALS OTHER THAN THE COURSE READING ASSIGNMENTS (INCLUDING ANY SOURCES DESCRIBING THE MOVIE), BUT YOU STILL NEED TO CITE ANY USE OF READING ASSIGNMENTS IN YOUR ESSAY, AS WELL AS CITING THE MOVIE. IF YOU USE OTHER OUTSIDE MATERIALS, EVEN IF YOU CITE THEM, MY GRADE ON THE ASSIGNMENT WILL BE A ZERO BECAUSE I DID NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN.
***Book Material: Falvo, Donna R. (2014). Medical and Psychosocial Aspects of Chronic Illness and Disability (5th ed). Burlington MA: Jones and Barlett Learning. ISBN 978-1-4496-9442-5.
Among other benefits, we guarantee:
Essays written from scratch – 100% original,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on customer’s privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work.